We were patient and intent. And now there are only two players in the tourney. Great! Know we have to knock out this opponent and win biggest prize.
How to do it? The key is the SAGE. SAGE is very simple strategy that allows playing close to optimal hands.
When does SAGE work?
- There are only two players in the tourney
- Blinds are relatively high. The smallest stack have to 10 BB
- Small Blind push or fold his hand. If he calls or makes small rise, SAGE doesn’t work!
Now we have to calculate Power Index (PI)
- Power Number correspond to card straight:
- 2 = 2
- 8 = 8
- 9 = 9
- T = 10
- J = 11
- Q = 12
- K = 13
- A = 15
- Double highest card Power Number
- Add second card Power Number
- If you have pocket pair, add 22
- If you have suited hand, add 2
As a result you have Power Index of your hand.
We have AA. Cool! Pocket Rockets dive us Power Index equal 67 = 30 (first Ace) + 15 (second Ace) + 22.
We have 89o. Power Index = 18 + 8 = 26
OK. Now calculate R = The Smallest Stack / Big Blind
Now using this numbers find correspond cell in the table:
|R||All-in from SB||Call all-in from BB|
That’s all. Se you in the game!